Wed, 14 Jul|
The Hoof Handling Masterclass
Do you have a horse who knows how to pick up his hooves but is unwilling to do so? In this webinar you will learn why most horses don't want to pick up their hooves and the most effective ways to turn that around. Coming from the perspective of a trainer, trimmer and massage therapist.
Time & Location
14 Jul 2021, 20:00 SAST
About the event
Imagine standing next to your horse without even needing to hold onto the halter, or worrying about the farrier being kicked. Imagine a horse who willingly picks up his hooves without any struggle, a horse who picks up his hooves with the touch of a hand, one who stands calmly while you clean out the hooves or while the farrier trims the hooves.
This is all achievable without force and without yanking the halter, and starts with understanding the reason behind these behaviours and then gaining the knowledge to overcome it. Within this masterclass you will learn how to prevent or overcome many obstacles when it comes to hoof handling, and see hoof handling through the perspective of a trainer, trimmer and massage therapist.
- Learn the reasons why many horses don't want to pick up their hooves even when they know how to
- Understand the importance of positive motivation during corrective trimming
- Discover how you can have a willing horse even when their bodies and hooves are sore while still remaining ethical
- Learn how to help your horse accept the farrier and make positive associations with the trimmer
- Gain the knowledge to implement training that will help you overcome hoof handling related obstacles
- Or how to adjust the training for hoof handling now, to prevent these obstacles from arising in the first place
If you have a horse who:
- Kicks at the farrier/trimmer
- Refuses to pick up his hooves eventhough he was trained to do so
- Doesn't want to stand still for hoof trimming
- You have to lean against to pick up a hoof
- Has to be held or tied up before picking up hooves can be attempted
Then this masterclass is specifically for you! This masterclass will be recorded and all registrants will receive a link to watch the replay.
Bonus: You will also receive a video lesson demonstration on how to implement the training spoken about in the masterclass.
Hoof handling online class
Early Bird (SOLD OUT)